Aims & Objectives
Achievement of the overall strategy/ objective will be assessed using an EU indicator called Healthy Life Years (HLY) that measures the number of remaining years that a person can expect to live without disability. In order to study, evaluate the current situations in various countries and to disseminate the best findings, the partnership would break down the concrete tasks into the following activities and associated approaches.
- To respond to the educational challenge of an ageing population in Europe
- To help provide adults with pathways to improving their knowledge and competences
- To understand the social and service demands of the pensioners.
- To understand the labour and unemployment risks of the elderly workers.
- To help elderly workers improve their competences in the labour market.
- To help elderly, seniors, senior adults and pensioners understand the “active-ageing” concept.
- To help pensioners age actively.
- To facilitate the development of innovative good practices in adult education or healthy activities and their transfer from one participating country to another
- To create “multidimensional partnerships” at local, regional, national and European levels, taking this partnership to a higher level project in future